Sunday, November 20, 2016

You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day


I bought an autobiography which I had hoped contained stories about Buffy the Vampire Slayer and/or Dr. Horrible. No such luck, those were hardly mentioned. However, a web series I hadn’t even heard about, Guild, got several chapters. It sounded interesting so I checked it out. I am not a gamer (the series is about nerdy computer game players), but the episodes are pretty watchable nevertheless. The book was pretty good even if I had to be slightly disappointed due to lack of juicy tales about making of genre series. As usual, in author/actor biographies too much time was spent on the early years and too little on the creative process itself. The book was written in a light, fun, conversational tone and was mostly fun to read, but felt partly as promotional material for her internet content. Too little is revealed about her personal life after childhood and other acting endeavors.

260 pp.

No comments: